Sunday 26 April 2009

Jog save the McQueen

What are the chances?! After mentioning 2008 Apprentice champ Lee McQueen in my first blog post in yonks yesterday, I only happen to see him running the London Marathon today! I screeched at him as he ran past, which coincidentally sounded a bit like a baby reverse pterodactyl.

It was a gorgeous day for watching the race, although I can imagine it was too hot for the runners. Sadly I am now sporting a rather strange tan (burn) line on my neck as, today of all days, I decided to wear a tie thing round my neck. Blimin typical. The atmosphere around the course was fab, and every year that I go along to watch I must admit that I am in awe of the sheer fitness of the athletes, and total dedication of the charity runners. It almost makes me want to do it myself...

I really need to get myself some regular exercise, but lack of motivation and time are my major downfalls. Sadly the time thing is easily addressed by my new employers, who organise various lunch hour exercise classes. So it really boils down to my laziness. I can use my sprained ankle excuse for now (tip: don't sprint for a train through central London in heels whilst trying to dodge innumerable hen/stag parties. Extra tip: if you sustain an injury but still manage to hobble to the station in time for said train as a result of pain-induced adrenaline, MAKE SURE YOU GET ON THE RIGHT ONE) but annoyingly it seems to be getting better. Yoga / boxing here I come...

No comments: