Monday 9 June 2008

Four for the price of one

I had my fortnightly drumming lesson this evening. Having now mastered the drums to 'Plug in Baby' by Muse, I have started to learn what is known in the trade as 'four-limb independence' and turns out I have a bit of a freaky knack for it. I've said it before but I'll reiterate it here - why do I have the coordination to do four different things at once to form a coherent rhythm, yet I am possibly the least coordinated person in the world when it comes to normal human stuff such as walking and dancing? I have come to the conclusion that inside me there lurks four beings, all battling to do their own thing during standard day-to-day activities, yet drumming enables them to harmoniously co-exist. Perhaps I should start a one-man-band.

RIP Heaven's Heathens :o)

No comments: