Wednesday 11 June 2008

Sweepstake shame

Today was always going to be about the final of 'The Apprentice'. Having been bombarded with Apprentice feature upon Apprentice feature in today's newspapers and getting a phonecall from a friend who had spotted Raef in a cafe near her office - today of all days - the final itself was actually a bit of an anti-climax. Except for the fact that Lee McQueen won. But I feel slightly guilty about this. You see, I set up an office sweepstake back when the show started, and by a complete coincidence I drew Lee from the hat (the hat being the palm of my hand). I feel a bit like a manager of a kids' football team who picks his son to be the striker, despite the fact that his son is rubbish at football. I think the only solution is to spend my copious winnings (well, £30) on a round of drinks for my fellow sweepstakers. What a great problem-solver I am. Maybe I should apply for the next series. Nope.

No comments: