Tuesday 10 June 2008

Nappropriate?

When is it a bad time to have a snooze? I ask this particular question now because I got some shut-eye in the hairdressers earlier while my colour was taking and my wonderful stylist Clive was tending to another customer. I sometimes worry that I give in to sleep too easily and that I should make an effort to build up some kind of resistance. But the way I see it is that if my body wants sleep and it has the opportunity to do so, then I will blooming well let it happen. I've fallen asleep in some odd places in my time - aside from the more common nap-prone places like on the tube and in university lectures. I once fell asleep in the cinema whilst watching one of the Bourne films - I seem to recall the nap took hold during a particularly frenetic car chase scene. I also developed a bit of an embarrassing habit of taking a daily lunchtime kip in a cupboard during my time as a newspaper receptionist a few years back. I don't know where this blog is going, but I had to write it because I came up with such a great pun for its title. Sorry to have wasted your time!

No comments: